Saturday, November 1, 2014

Photoshop colored illustration

Chinese Dragon

         This particular illustration started out as a drawing of mine. I drew the outline of the dragon using a pencil. After the outline was completed I took the drawing and scanned it in order to be able to manipulate and enhance the piece using the Adobe Photoshop program. Using different filters and effects added to the color in order to create a design which when printed makes you want to feel the illustration because it appears to have texture. Each scale was painted individually as well as the skin that fills the empty spaces between the scales. I left the hair of the dragon as it looks when scanned; which gives the dragon an older look due to the grey look of the pencil marks of the hair. Once again I am using a different program to show how each and every graphic design programs can be used to achieve a colored illustration with digital texture. The department chair of South University's Design Degree program told me it was an extremely nice piece that could I should make sure stays in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment