Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Benjamin K. Hreha

Personal Branded Logo

     As a Designer I feel that it is very important to have your own logo that represents you as an individual artist. In order to create what will visually represent myself, I did not have to think long. To be honest, my good friend Gary Robinson, was at my house looking at the drawings that I have done. Gary made the comment that it would make a great logo...and the rest is "history." The image above is a drawing of I discovered and added a single object into the image that I feel has improved the over all look. As you no doubt have gathered from the logo I am a Christian. I feel it is very important to be upfront about who you truly are with anyone you meet. Any way, I digress. The significance of the three drops of blood are two fold. First and foremost they represent the shed blood. The second less noticeable meaning is the three nails used to hang Him. What drew me to this particular imagery was the abstract look. Some people who see this logo can't see the overall image because they are not taking in account the negative space around each object on the composition. For those who have not seen the total image yet I will describe each section. The top are thorns made into a crown. The three smoothly flowing downward objects represent Jesus' hair. To the left of where the first blood drop and the left hair piece is, His eyebrow with an eye and the second eye directly to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment