Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Design Statement


          I have a passion for creativity and problem solving. I have an inquisitive imagination that has been fostered my entire life through a supportive family and friends that recognized my potential and encouraging me to pursue my interests. The idea of taking a blank field and composing a design, of which can go in any creative direction, is not only a challenge, but a wonderful opportunity to express my creative ambitions. I see graphic design as a way for the professional adult to “let their hair down” and become part of the design while still achieving the project’s objectives. I have always felt that I was artistic in whatever I do as a profession causing me to become a good problem solver with excellent skill at improving organizational workflows. Taking complex or congested areas and streamlining them so everything in that specific area flows smoother or enhances the effectiveness, has always come naturally to me.
            In the world you find design in every medium. The principles of design are able to stretch over almost every facet of society. As a designer I am able to draw inspiration from a 200 year-old tree to the subtle curves of the modern office buildings. Flowers can evoke emotion while a simple type form can show the same emotion just through how it is placed in a composition.  All in all, as a graphic “engineer” it is my responsibility to take the ideas and information that a client wants and create a product that will capture the viewer’s attention. At the same time informing said viewer of the true intent of the artistic piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment